Some ideas and links to keep everyone busy over the Summer.
Science at Home with Mrs B is a page on facebook. She sells kits which look good. However she also shares for free lots of activities on Youtube.
I've put a few pictures below of some of her activities.
Find out what badges you can earn here.
You can get into lots of places free if you have a badge, Twycross zoo being just one of these. If you click on the link you can sort by location and find those in the Midlands.
Fun Summer Activities for KIDS
Maybe write them on slips of paper and put in a jar or box pick out one each day as a surprise
- Set up an Obstacle Course
- Go for a Nature Walk
- Make a Masking Tape Race Track for toy cars
- Read a good book
- Scavenger Hunt
- Fly a Kite
- Finger Paint with Pudding (or I have a regular fingerpaint recipe if that's more your style!)
- Build with Lego
- Make Marshmallow and Toothpick Houses
- Play Hide and Seek
- Make Paper Airplanes – Have a contest to see who's flies the farthest
- Write a Story
- Stack Cups Game
- Or learn the cup song
- Watch Learn to Draw Videos I love Draw with Rob
- Play Simon Says
- Have a Staring Contest
- Play Would You Rather
- Hula Hoop
- Play Hopscotch
- Blow Bubbles (Set up a bubble refill station for hours of fun – with less mess!)
- Put on a Fashion Show
- DIY Tic-Tac-Toe or make a set painting little pebbles
- Make a Blanket Fort
- Do a Puzzle (Here's a few ways to make puzzles more fun for kids!)
- Make Paper Bag Puppets
- Pavement Chalk Art (try my 3 ingredient homemade chalk recipe!)
- Water Play in the garden
- Play a Card Game
- Write Letters to Family
- Jump Rope Games
- Make Fruity Popsicles (Pinterest has oodles of ideas!)
- Make Homemade Ice Cream
- Freeze Toys in Water
- Build a Cardboard Box Castle
- Water Balloon Fight (You MUST try the DIY Water Balloon Station!)
- Have a Picnic
- Pillow Fight
- Play Charades
- Homemade Playdough (We've got a super easy homemade recipe that literally lasts forever!)
- Paint Rocks
- Create Sock Puppets
- 42-day time capsule. See if you can put something in it for every one of the 42 days ahead to create a memory box of an unforgettable summer.
- Practice Origami https://www.easypeasyandfun.com/easy-origami-for-kids/
- Conduct a sunlight experiment. How will plants grow in darker spaces compared to sunlit places, like on a windowsill? Choose two different environments and track your progress over the rest of the summer holidays.
- Become an energy waste detective. Organise a family scavenger hunt to find unused appliances in your home that can be unplugged to save on energy waste. You can also monitor how much energy different items in your house use with a smart meter. Ask your parents who their energy supplier is and encourage them to request an installation.
- Send a Haiku postcard. A Japanese poem formed of 3 lines with 5, 7, and 5 syllables respectively. Send it to someone you are missing over the summer.
- Make a domino rally. Use everyday objects to build it and start an epic chain reaction.
- Make a pinwheel wind farm. Put your craft skills to the test and build some paper windmills. All you need is paper, scissors, a stick and a pin!
- Learn some sign language. Learn how to introduce yourself – and then challenge a friend to do the same.
- Learn a magic trickThere are many simple card and coin tricks that can be mastered with some practice. Often, you just need a few pennies or quarters or a deck of ordinary playing cards, as it’s all about technique.Here’s one great beginner’s card trick to start with, and here’s a great simple coin trick.
- Create a comic story
- Create a film
- Play how many keep uppies can I do with balloons
- Teddy Bears Picnic
- Go on a Scavenger Hunt with Free Printable
- Go for a walk collecting sticks etc for nature crafts – Mummy Alarm
- Eat your meals in the garden and call it a picnic
- Go foraging for blackberries (If in season)
- Go on a rainbow nature hunt – Little Hearts Big Love
- Nature Walk and then make brackets – Simple as That
- Go on a family picnic
- Watch an old episode of Art Attack on Youtube